You feel like HELPING OTHERS? Well.. VOLUNTEER WORK is waiting for you!
For many RVers, doing volunteer work is a fantastic opportunity to help others while exploring the continent with the comforts of a recreational vehicle.
You can get volunteer jobs anywhere you want, changing locations and projects, with the advantage of living in your own quarters while volunteering.
People decide volunteering for diverse reasons. Many RVers enjoy this opportunity to use their life skill experiences desiring to give back to society. You can give 10 to 30 hours per week of volunteer work with a commitment of one to six months if you wish.
Since you are RVing, you will probably get a campsite, with full hookup sometimes, in exchange of volunteering. It may include free training, stipends, transportation, clothing.
Campground hosts, interpreters, physical labor and office work are the most common volunteer jobs.
PLENTY OF VOLUNTEER JOBS ARE WAITING FOR YOU!
Here are suggestions of organizations providing you with the opportunity to include some volunteer work in your RV travel lifestyle.
In consulting their websites, you will get all the information on volunteer jobs available in the area you intend to be.
- America's Natural and Cultural Resources Volunteer work information in the public sector, in partnership with Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S.A. Freedom Corps and the U.S. Departments of Defense, Agriculture and Interior.
- Happy Vagabonds Info on paid jobs and volunteer work opportunities for RVers as well.
- Volunteer Match This site helps to connect potential volunteers with good causes: a RVer with an interesting volunteer job.
LOCATION BASED VOLUNTEERING:
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services Volunteer opportunities found at more than 500 refuges and hatcheries throughout the United States.
- U.S. National Park Service Volunteer There are nearly 400 national parks in the US and even more ways that you can help. The website maintains a database of volunteer jobs by State.
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers A lot of positions helping to build trails, wildlife habitat, doing photography, writing etc...
- U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of land Management After you accumulate 500 hours of volunteer services, you get a one year valid pass 'America the Beautiful' free. Most of the land is located in the western part of the U.S.A.
- American Conservation Experience It is a non-profit conservation corps offering opportunities to both American and International volunteers to take part in challenging outdoor projects in the most beautiful wilderness areas in the western United States.
CAUSE BASED VOLUNTEERING:
- Habitat for Humanity RV Care-A-Vanners is a volunteer program for anyone who travels in a recreational vehicle, who wants to build Habitat houses and have fun doing it.
- D.O.V.E. Disaster Operations Volunteer Escapees is a way to help in case of a disaster.
VIRTUAL VOLUNTEER JOBS :
This means volunteering with some skills you can provide online.
Obviously, you need access to an internet connection but it can be done in the comfort of your RV.
It can consist in tele-tutoring, tele-mentoring teens or young adults, doing research, web page creation, database creation, graphic design, providing business advices etc...
- Senior Net
- Retired executives
- Elder Wisdom Circle
- Lawyers Without Borders
OTHER TOPICS (6 total) directly related to FULL TIME RVING
Return from volunteer work to the Home page: RV-Travel-Lifestyle